What is SEO?
Whether shopping online or purchasing locally, 80% of consumers use search to investigate a product or business.
– Over 75% of all clicks will be on the top 5 search results
– Over 90% of all clicks will be on page 1 of search results
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of affecting the visibility of a website or a web page in a search engine’s “natural” or un-paid (“organic”) search results. In general, the earlier (or higher ranked on the search results page), and more frequently a site appears in the search results list, the more visitors it will receive from the search engine’s users. SEO may target different kinds of search, including image search, local search, video search, academic search, news search and industry-specific vertical search engines.
As an Internet marketing strategy, SEO considers how search engines work, what people search for, the actual search terms or keywords typed into search engines and which search engines are preferred by their targeted audience. Optimizing a website may involve editing its content, HTML and associated coding to both increase its relevance to specific keywords and to remove barriers to the indexing activities of search engines. Promoting a site to increase the number of backlinks, or inbound links, is another SEO tactic.
Why is SEO Important?
- Is good for business visibility and branding
- Provides your business with credibility
- Brings your business traffic
- Has one of the best ROI’s in advertising
- Gives you unmatched insight into your customers generating valuable traffic